Are you planning a trip overseas? And of course, no one plans to get sick when they’re away. Visiting our experienced travel health GPs can provide you with personalized advice that is essential.
At Fitzroy North Doctors, we offer a range of travel medicine services to help you stay healthy while you’re abroad based on your destination, itinerary, and medical history. Depending on where you will be travelling, you may need to take different protective measures.
We can help you with
- Advice on regional risks and tips for a healthy trip
- Preventative treatments and immunisations
- Tips for preparing medical travel kits
- Safe travel ideas from our personal experiences
- Motion sickness
Vaccinations: We offer a wide range of travel vaccinations to protect against
diseases such as:
- Typhoid Vaccine – Oral/Injection
- Hepatitis A & Typhoid Vaccine
- Hepatitis A & B Vaccine
- Hepatitis A Vaccine – Adult/Child
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Meningococcal disease vaccine
- Whooping Cough (Pertussis) Tetanus-Diphtheria Vaccine
- Polio Pertussis Tetanus-Diphtheria Vaccine
- Polio Vaccine
- Chicken Pox Vaccine
- Cholera Vaccine
- Pneumonia Vaccine
- Flu Vaccine
- Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine
- Measles Mumps Rubella Vaccine
- Rabies Vaccine
- Shingles Vaccine
Please note that some vaccines need to be taken two months before departure. See your doctor 6 to 8 weeks before you go overseas. If you’re travelling to Africa or South America, you need a yellow fever vaccine that should be arranged in advance.
Medications: We can prescribe medications to prevent or treat conditions such as malaria, dengue, Zika virus, rabies, altitude sickness, and traveller’s diarrhea.
Health advice: We can provide advice on how to stay healthy while you’re traveling, including tips on food and water safety and insect bite prevention.